27 Şubat 2016 Cumartesi

ON WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON WITH MY BLOGGING...

Um well... I think I owe you guys an explanation. No really, I do. I want to make it short - you are not here to read my life stroy after all - but do bear with me because I want to make it honest.

I work as a waitress as a lot of you know by now. It means I keep unsocial hours, unsocial hours that I need to balance out with some vestiges of a social life and training to become an actress some day. It is exhausting but by and large I love my life and with slightly less sleep than the average gal, I even find time for some movie reviewing on the side.

Now, January and Febuary is always a very, very dry season for events. There aren't any. So for us freelancers there is no work.No work, unless you take some even more unsociable hours, locations and other stuff you would not usually prefer when figuring out your work. When making a living became a bona fide struggle in my own place of work I have had to branch out. This has meant shifts starting at 07.00 in the morning which means me getting up at around 4.30 (I live in a rather uncommutable bit of town). I am getting an averyage of about 3 hours of sleep a night (and another 2 - 3 hour nap during the day) and my body clock is on its head as a result. I will not be able to keep this up ad infinitum, but I am ok for now. The problem is of course that the rest of my life continues to be as busy as ever! I am learning to function on much less sleep but it IS a struggle. Especially when it comes to both acting and writing which need a high level of core energy and alertness as you can do neither on auto-pilot. I have been channeling what core energy I have left into my acting (I have several performances in the offing that need my attention) and the writing has suffered. And I am sorry about that. Not least because on a personal level I miss it terribly...

I am trying to get back into an update a week. But I have a feeling I may well slip up. Please accept my humble appologies, keep a weather eye on Twitter where I will at least try and give some clue as to whether I will be able to put anything up this week and have a lovely weekend.

Thank you for sticking with me!
Essie

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder